Traffic&Transport 2012 - Topic
New challenges, new education, new jobs
Based on insights gained through six international IIID Expert Fora Traffic & Transport Information Systems, annually held in Vienna since 2006, IIID is moving on to new horizons. Teaming up with University of Applied Sciences FH St. Poelten to launch its first MSc course ”Traffic & Transport Information Design“, the Expert Forum will enjoy the hospitality of a new partner, located 60 km west of Vienna.
- the need of travelers to have integrated and inclusive traffic & transport information prior their
journeys and en route
- the growing awareness of transport providers and enablers to provide travelers with such information
- upcoming opportunities in the field of traffic & transport information design, disclosing a wide field of
professional activities in design, design management and design focused R&D
- emerging initiatives to offer subject related education and training
- the need of cooperation between traffic & transport service providers, information infrastructure
operators, information designers and information managers
- the anticipation that high-quality traffic & transport information will fill a currently ignored gap,
thus making traffic & transport more effective with regard to local, regional, national and
international mobility requirements
the 7th International IIID Expert Forum Traffic & Transport Information Systems sets out to provide a platform for the exchange of experiences and ideas on how to yield viable improvements in the generation and communication of high-quality traffic & transport information.
Focusing on "New challenges, new education, new jobs" discussions will bridge from travelers' requirements and issues of ICT facilitated information connectivity to responding educational concepts and upcoming professional opportunities.
They will involve
- representatives of the most innovative theme related industries
- information designers and information managers who already follow the signs of the times
- educators who are working on the development/implementation of theme specific study programs.
Based on the notion of networking the Expert Forum is expected to launch a Traffic & Transport Information Design platform which will serve the joint interests of the industry, design professionals, researchers, educators and students.