IIID Traffic&Transport 2011
8–9 September 2011, Vienna, Austria
6th International IIID Expert Forum Traffic & Transport Information
The world's leading event in the field.
|| International Council of Graphic Design Associations
A partner of the International Design Alliance
Austrian Federal Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology
||Enjoy a discount of 15% offered by Austrian Airlines on your
and your companion's return flight to Vienna.
More information here.
||The European Public Transport Magazine
published by BLUE LINE & Bro., Paris/France
|ARGE Verkehrslenkzentrale der Wiener Schnellbahn
Traffic. Software. Service
Wiener Linien GmbH & Co KG Traffic Management Systems
How transport providers and mobility enablers can use social media
Traffic, Transport and Social Media
to better communicate with their customers
Social media facilitates the generation and communication of ideas and information in a much
more convenient way than traditional platforms, i.e. regulars‘ tables, daily newspapers, etc.
Moreover, social media makes market research obsolete by providing public opinion at little or
no cost. Thus, transport providers and mobility enablers (e.g. companies that build and maintain passenger terminals/roads/motorways/parking garages) would be well advised to adjust their Customer-Relationship-Management efforts.
The 2011 IIID Expert Forum sets out to discuss and answer five questions:
• How to draw conclusions from discussions in social media?
• How to adjust policies?
• How to (re)design services?
• How to communicate improvements?
• How to evaluate users/customers reactions?
Who should attend?
- Transport providers and authorities
- Interest groups representing travellers and people with special needs
- Information designers and managers
- Transport developers and manufacturers of real time information systems,
software and displays
- Educators with an interest in traffic and transport information.
International Institute for Information Design (IIID)
Prof. Clive Richards, IIID President, Principal Clive Richards & Associates, Coventry, UK
Diana Frank, Büro für Konzeption und Gestaltung, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- Giuseppe Attoma, Attoma sarl, Paris
- Bent Flyen, Trafikanten AS, Oslo
- Diana Frank, Office for concept and design, Frankfurt/Main
- Yo Kaminagai, Environments design and identity Unit manager, RATP / Régie autonome des
transports Parisiens, Paris
- Keiichi Koyama, Principal, i-design inc., Tokyo
- Birgitte Lomholt-Woolridge, Marketing Manager, Rejseplanen A/S, Valby, Denmark
- Werner Molik, Head of the Customer Department, VOR / Verkehrsverbund Ost-Region, Wien/Vienna
- Craig Nelson, Steer Davies Gleave, London
- Helmut Ness, Board Member, Fuenfwerken Design AG, Berlin
- Christian Pettauer, Head of Systeme and IT, OeBB / Austrian Federal Railways, Wien/Vienna
- Peter Simlinger, Director, IIID / International Institute for Information Design, Wien/Vienna
- Walter Wasner, Unit of Mobility and Transport Technologies, BMVIT / Austrian Federal Ministry of
Transport, Innovation and Technology, Wien/Vienna